[bksvol-discuss] Re: Long validation list

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:13:01 -0500

Jim I suggest you clean up the books as much as possible before uploading. Next, when uploading, include synopses. Next inform the volunteer list of the books you now have on step 1 with synopses included. This may help.

The truth is we have far more submitters than validators. The step 2 list never gets above 170 and is usually around 150. Each validator can validate a maximum of 5 books. So we do very much need more dilligent careful validators.

The increase in the credits paid validators may increase the number of folks willing to validate. Till then, the cleaner the submit the happier a validator is to take it.

Hope these ideas help.

Do remember to list the books you have already put on step 1 here as a reminder to potential validators. It may increase people's attention to your particular submits.

E.
At 07:57 AM 12/12/2007, you wrote:
I've noticed that there are a large number of books listed on the validation list. Is there some way to encourage more people to volunteer as validators? Or do you have any thoughts about how to get some of these books validated? I have about 6 books on the list that I've scanned which appear to be stalled on the validation list. Any recommendations welcome.
Jim Nuttall--Michigan