[bksvol-discuss] Re: Long description problem

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:27:41 -0600

the form is supposed to return error messages for the problems it encounters, but it's been a little bit broken for a while now. No body seems to want to admit and attempt to fix it.

One of the most common errors is actually the file name. It often helps to rename the file you wish to upload to something short and without punctuation. Of course the period before the file extention should be present.

The second most common problem is the short synopsis field. You usually get an error when it is too long, but I think it has happened that people did not get an error and it was still the problem. Try copying your short synopsis in to a program that can give you a character count. If that is under 200 characters including spaces, then I would consider a problem with the long synopsis field. You could possibly just shorten the long synopsis field a little and try again.

Oh, make sure the ISBN field isn't the problem. If you need more help copy the information for your book in to an E-mail and send it to the list for more assistance.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity
----- Original Message ----- From: "Westmoreland, J. R." <jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>