[bksvol-discuss] Re: Little Black Girl Lost by Keith Lee Johnson

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:43:32 -0700

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 03:25:24PM -0500, Debby Franson wrote:
> A summary of my Comments:
> I have read the book, deleted headers and protected chapters. All
> page numbers are
> there. There is strong language, descriptions of sex that are not
> too graphic and
> some violence. There is black dialect such as "yo'" for your, "gon'"
> for "gonna,
> and "say" for says"  I also pointed out where the typos are.

I have a couple questions as a new volunteer proof reader.
1. I thought headers were supposed to be preserved and bolded if
possible.  I use a heading style for headers in the RTF file when
using Open Office Writer.

2. What do you mean by "protected chapters"?

Thanks and this does sound like an interesting book.