[bksvol-discuss] List purpose

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 18:09:42 -0700

Well, in the description of the list purpose posted previously it does say something about volunteers getting to know each other--but that was the last item in the list of purposes. Keeping that in mind, there really should be more posts about volunteering and bookshare use than just friendly chit-chat. But it would be a really dull list if there was absolutely nothing but serious questions and answers.

Misha

On 6/7/2012 5:03 PM, Ali Al-hajamy wrote:
I've been on this list for about two years, and though I've not read all the messages that have come in, I'm fairly sure no member of Bookshare staff has ever specifically said we can't post off-topic messages. The only thing that comes close is the subject line thing. Which is fine with me. I don't care if people want to talk about things that aren't related to volunteering, but changing the subject to reflect that the discussion no longer concerns Bookshare matters makes things far more tolerable for those of us who don't feel like reading through those discussions.

On 07-Jun-12 19:58, Larry Lumpkin wrote:
I have always thought this list should be for the discussion of issues or problems processing bookshare books and everything else was off topic and
shouldn't be here but I know I'm out voted on this.