[bksvol-discuss] Re: List of all scanned but not yet validated books?

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 09:46:15 -0400

Hi Tom,

If you want to know if the book made it to the list for sure, you should send a message to Marissa.
Sometimes it can take quite awhile for a book to be accepted. They can get hung up in the validation phase for a long time, and they can be in the administrator's queue for a time as well. My perception of the administrator's queue is that the last book validated is on the top of the list so if a number are validated around the same time yours could be pushed way down the list. I came up with this theory because 2 books I submitted for approval a day apart, showed up on the new book list 2 weeks apart, with the book I submitted for approval last being the 1 that showed up first.

HTH

Dave

At 02:03 AM 10/2/2004, you wrote:
Tom, what was the book? It could be being validated by someone already, or have been validated and be in
the approval list. My understanding is that the books go instantaneously onto the download list after being
submitted.

If you give me the title, I'll check Jesse's list (Marissa, as soon as you post an update I'll call it Marissa's list),
which I've saved on my deskstop. In case you're a newbie, this is a list of books that are being validated or
have been approved and are in the administrators' final approval queue. They don't show up anywhere else.

Cindy