[bksvol-discuss] Re: List of Penguin Imprints (was Re: Re: We've signed with Penguin!)

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 20:29:18 -0400

#
Now I see why my submissions are not prone to be replaced by publisher submissions. A lot of the books I have submitted are published by imprints on this list. I suppose that I can now expect that some of my submissions will now be replaced. Actually, a lot of those imprints are names that I have assumed were publishers in their own right and pretty big publishers at that. So big, in fact, that if Penguin lets us have everything they have, the size of the Bookshare collection could really balloon. It is getting to the point, though, that if you don't want your submissions replaced it would be a good idea to concentrate on really obscure small presses or go for the ones that are absolute Indy. I remember once entering the word author in the publisher field on Amazon advanced book search and getting back a lot of titles that had been published by the author. There may be some major publishers that have not signed up with Bookshare yet, but if we have Penguin now the rest are likely to follow soon.
On 3/12/2014 4:47 PM, Judy s. wrote:
Hi Roger,

You got me curious, so I looked up a list of Penguin imprints using Wikipedia. It's potentially a huge number of books! Here's the list of all the Penguin imprints that I could identify:

Ace Books
Alpha Books
Avery Publishing
Awa Press
Berkley Books
Blue Rider Press
Current
Dial Books for Young Readers
Dutton
Dutton Children's
Firebird Books
Frederick Warne & Co
Gotham Books
G.P. Putnam's Sons
G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Grosset & Dunlap
HP Books (primarily an automotive book publisher, not HP computers)
Hudson Street Press
Jove Books
New American Library (NAL), including, Obsidian, Onyx, Roc Books, Signet Books, Signet Classics, Signet Eclipse, Topaz
Pamela Dorman Books
Penguin Books
Penguin Classics
The Penguin Press
Perigee Books
Philomel
Plume
Portfolio
Prentice Hall Press
Price Stern Sloan
Puffin Books
Razorbill
Riverhead Books
Sentinel HC
Speak
Jeremy P. Tarcher
Viking Press
Viking Children's

Judy s.
On 3/12/2014 2:32 PM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
#
I just went to Amazon's advanced book search and entered the search term Penguin into the publisher field and got 112,197 results. That figure probably does not include Penguin imprints. The only imprint that comes to mind on the spot is Puffin, but I am sure that there are a lot more. This is an enormous number of books that potentially may be added. The main Penguin imprint seems to specialize in educational books, especially of a literary kind, but I think the answer to the question of what kinds of books will be received from them is almost anything.