[bksvol-discuss] Re: List of Outsourcers & Publisher Titles Update

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:01:03 EDT

Combining them in some way would be helpful though. Perhaps the books being
scanned list could be added to the outsourced books list. Perhaps the
outsourced books list could be added to the books being scanned list on the web
site if not in the downloadable list. My point is that the fewer lists to
check when contemplating scanning a book makes it easier to move on.

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies
the end.
" Leon Trotsky

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: List of Outsourcers & Publisher Titles Update
Date:
10/1/2009 10:01:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Cindy, please don't add this information to the being-scanned
list you're maintaining. smile.  It's a duplication of effort,
and it's an absolutely huge list of four to five thousand books.

Also, it's a work in progress by Bookshare, and it contains not
only books being scanned by outsourcers, but also contains books
that have already been scanned by outsourcers.

My reasoning is that this list is going to be updated twice a
week by Bookshare, all the volunters have the link to it, it's
enormous, and will make for a unmanageably large daily email
download for posting to these lists.

Just my thoughts.  smile.

Judy s.

Cindy wrote:
> That's very helpful. I'll convert it to rtf and put it in a section to
the being-scanned list
> Cindy
>
> Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
books-being-scanned list available at sites below