[bksvol-discuss] Re: Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Healthiness again

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 14:35:16 -0500

Hi Cindy,

My message indeed was a little on the harsh side, but Bud keeps asking about this one book. This book was submitted on May 1, and there are more than 120 books that are older than his just on the download list. He usually begins his messages with

"I hope you're not tired of me asking, but I sent in Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Healthiness several months
ago..."

Or something similar. I simply wished to communicate that he has been asking a lot and I for one was getting tired of answering the same question, with the same information. Don't believe me that he has sent lots of messages? I took a quick look in the archives and found that there were discussions about this book on the following dates.

August 12
July 25
July 6
June 22
May 20
May 1

I'm not trying to pick on Bud, but you can see that he has asked about two weeks apart in his last few questions. And, I know that if I'm annoyed there have to be others as well. Also when he said it had been several months between his last question, I felt it necessary to point out it was just a few weeks, after all the book's submission date is barely 'several' months old. And, the only information this list can give him is what is on Marissa's List, something that has been pointed out to him the last few times he's asked about the book as well.

And, as I mentioned in my message, I won't be annoyed if he asks again in a month, but he needs to give Gustavo a chance to catch up, something else I tried to convey in my message on the 25th.

See where I'm coming from?, smile.

Thanks,
Jake