[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lenora Mattingly Weber books

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:47:38 -0400

I can't say that I have ever been particularly conscious of the phrase "it is what it is," but now that you mention it, it seems like I have heard it now and then all my life and it obviously can be taken literally and not be annoying. I watch very little television, so I might not have noticed, but if it has become some kind of fashionable phrase I might be annoyed by it too. I have always tended to be annoyed by just about anything fashionable. People who try to be fashionable have always struck me as rather shallow. Another one that more than annoys me is the phrase "politically correct." That, if taken literally, is something that I would think we should all strive for even if we cannot fully achieve it and it should be a phrase of praise, but right-wing jerks have turned it into a phrase of ridicule for anyone who either is willing to give or asks for respect.

_     _      _

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"
Stephen Roberts

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press: