[bksvol-discuss] Re: Learning to Scan Books

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 20:59:24 -0600

Cindy doesn't have Kurzweil, so things are bound to be different.  The
scanning engines in Kurzweil are new, and grey scale is better now, than it
was even in the last version.
  The speed of grey scale scanning will depend on the speed of your scanner
and computer.  Recognition in grey scale will always take longer than black
and white, but actual scanning time might or might not be slower.  I don't
know anything about your scanner.  Don't worry about how long it takes the
computer to recognize as long as it doesn't get too far behind the scanner.
So far I only found one thing that actually scanned better in grey scale.
I think everyone else has answered your questions, so I won't be redundant.
:-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity