[bksvol-discuss] Re: Learning to Scan Books

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:00:25 -0500

I don't know if it's recommended by many others, but I personally do not
ever close the lid when it's in use. In order to not cut letters or words
off of the inner ends of lines you'll have to push the book's spine tightly
down on the glass anyways, so the closing of the lid is just one more thing
for you to contend with.
However, in order to protect the glass from scratches dust and other things
I do of course close it after I'm done.
Another good thing you can do is to use the optimize option in the scan
menu. When using this feature, you hold the book down and it will scan the
same page over a few times and it'll pick the best scanning settings for
scanning that particular book.
Neither option is necessarily essential for a good scan, but I personally
find better results these ways..
Tiff