[bksvol-discuss] Last Days of Dogtown

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

I just read the Library Journal and Publishers' Weekly
reviews of the book. Both were very favorable and make
it sound interesting--better than Diamant's "sophomore
effort," (I forgot the name of her second book
already, which I haven't read)--but the PW does says
it's not for those who want a happy ending, and that
it's "melancholy." 'll probably put myself on the
waiting list for it at the library and give it at try.

I just got in The Long Way Down.  Now to see if I like
it.