[bksvol-discuss] Re: Labeling captions, sidebars, etc just thinking

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:55:10 -0500

Hi Melissa!

I think it would be helpful to know when a caption or sidebar ends too. Just write those messages between brackets as you would any other type of scanner or proofer's message.

Debby

At 10:04 AM 4/19/2010, Melissa Smith wrote
I've been trying to actually read some of the books I've downloaded from Bookshare, and not just the ones I'm proofing or scanning. One thing I've been thinking about is how we lable image captions sidebars and the like. That is that we just mark the beginning. So, you'd have [image caption

] the caption, and the the text immediately starts back up. Sometimes, when listening this way, I kind of have to think for a second, because there's no pause between the end of the caption and the resumption of the text. I realized that the NLS books say end of caption or end of sidebar when they've reached the end. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to anyone else if we incoorporated this, and if it would be acceptable by Bookshare.
--
Melissa Smith

Internal Virus Database is out of date.