[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil scan to RTF file?

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:08:18 -0400

yes, it is easy for either the origional submitter or the validater to convert
the format as long as whom ever is doing the converting has kurzweil on their
system. I do not know of any tool which could be used to convert it if you
don't own the program.
Now, asuming you have kurzweil,
1. open the desired file in kurzweil.
2. open the file menu with alt and then down arrow, or the short cut is alt F.
3. arrow down and push enter on save as, or the short cut is A.
4. type the desired file name, or, if it has been saved before you can leave
the field alone.
5. push tab once.
6. You are in a huge list of all different types of file formats, so either
arrow up and down to the one you want, or jump to the one you want with the
first letter. I.E. r for rtf.
7. push enter and wait. Kurzweil will announce when the file has been saved,
and to where.
Now, I'll also tell you that it doesn't matter even if you used the same file
name, the new file is of a different format, so the first copy of the file has
not been overwritten. You now have two copies of the book in two different
formats, so you may want to delete one of them at some point.