[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil scan to RTF file?

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 03:26:05 -0400

Pratik,

Is one of those books in your box Browning's translation of The Diary of Lady
Murasaki ?  That was next in my plans and since I can work on Genji after
someone else.  It takes 2 validators doesn't it and do they work simultaneously
or consecutively? I would love to do it but I did notice I had some problems
that I did not know how to correct - I rescanned one page 4 times.  I guess I
can do both since I gather it will take time but I don't want to lose the
opportunity of scanning while I have the Kurzweil. In addition to the Diary I
have Liza Dalby's novel, The Tale of Murasaki.  I know it is modern but I
thought it might be worth the effort.Both are spineless so they will be easy to
scan.  I also have the Complete Kipling verse already scanned but I wanted to
"scan" it so that the sighted readers will see the versification.  Luckily I
had not gotten far in correcting it as I will have to replace all the tabs with
spaces.  I don't know how some of you manage so many books.

Amy