[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil pagination

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 04:05:06 -0400

Actually, it does work if you count the preliminary pages or find the first Arabic numbered page and count back to Arabic number one, then You will know by subtracting the number of pages preceding page one from the total number of pages at Arabic #1, you will have the number by which you can always know where you are. The book I am working on now has 10 pages before page 1 so that wherever I am I know that the page number the program gives me is ten pages more than the text number. If I need page 360, I go to navigation and have it set to go to page 370. I can always find the page I want if I know the differential. Now it does not work if the scanner has not included all of the blank pages which would be counted.

Now with books that are not figured that way, like one I recently read, which had 2 different page numbers for most pages, the only way I could get where I wanted to go was to make sure I remembered words on the page which I could have the the search engine find. I will go experiment with books I have done or know were done that way and see what else I can find.

Amy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Julie & Miss Mercy, avon representative" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>