[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil and crashes and TTS- Attn to Mary

  • From: "Julie Morales" <inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 13:01:45 -0700

Hi, Dilsia. I'm not sure how much help any of us can be on here with K3000, as
most of us on here, if not all of us on here who use Kurzweil, use K1000, and
there are some differences, of course. Take care.
Julie Morales
Email and Windows/MSN Messenger:
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise. --Unknown
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his
tongue. --Anonymous
  From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:40:12 -0500
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil and crashes and TTS

  Regarding the problem of the scans not coming out well with the engines
provided for K3000, you will doubtless have to make adjustments, as you would
for any ocr program, omnipage or whatever. I don't use K3000,
  so I can't help you with regard to where you go in the program to do the
adjusting. But these are the same engines used in K1000, and I've got hundreds
of scanned books that testify to the over all excellent quality
  they can produce.If K3000 is like K1000, there are definitely scanners that
it won't work well with. They have lists on the kurzweiledu site, although
they're not exhaustive. What scanner are you using? 128mb of ram
  isn't very much for an xp system running an ocr program with software speech,
especially if you also had other programs open simultaneously, so that might be
the source of some of your issues. there are also issues
  with ibm via voice, depending on what other speech engines you may have
active on your system. The  usual suspect is eloquence. And apparently, if yo
have sapi3 on the system, you may also have problems when
  trying to use via voice.
  Regarding dictionaries, there is no large Spanish or other foreign language
dictionary provided. But I'm sure you can set K1000 to recognize various
languages. Which ones depends on which ocr engine you use.
  Spanish is definitely one of them. Again, since I don't use the program, I
don't know where to tell you to find the settings in K3000, but I'm sure its
there somewhere.
  Mary

  The tragedy is not that things are broken.  The tragedy is that they are not
mended again. -- Alan Patton, Cry the Beloved Country, Scribner Paperback
Fiction

  The most difficult part of getting to the top of the ladder is getting
through the crowd at the bottom. -- Arch Ward, Promoter and sports editor

  Better twice measured than once wrong. -- Danish Proverb