[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil 1000 - some Bookshare publisher quality books no longer open

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:17:33 -0800

OK!

On 1/30/12, Rob Turner <robt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello  Bookshare volunteers
> I've confirmed that certain publisher quality books fail to open in Kurzweil
> 1000. This is true whether the book is downloaded through their online
> search or by opening the .OPF file directly.
> Updating the program with the new onlineBooks DLL file did not fix the
> problem. I'll file a ticket with our Engineering Department and notify
> Kurzweil.
>
> Best regards,
> Rob Turner
> 650.644.3422
> Rob.t@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to,
then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in
the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of
the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
E-Mail/GoogleTalk/AIM/MySpace/LinkedIn: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx