[bksvol-discuss] Kurzweil 10

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:27:08 -0500

I am just curious whether anyone has Kurzweil version 10 yet. If someone does, I'd love to hear what their impressions are of the new features. I am especially interested in how much improvement they actually experience in how fast DAISY files open, how well the suspicious region removal works, and if they are now having more success with tables. I have so much trouble with junk characters in my scans where the binding is that I go kind of crazy editing. Other than that kind of mess my scans need extremely little fixing if they are just text without a lot of charts and tables and things like that.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity