[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kursweil corrupting files

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:13:43 -0500

Hi, Laura Ann!  When it happened to me, I was told that they really don't know
why it does that sometimes.  Stephen Baum, who works with Kurzweil and is on
this list, was kind enough to help me to get it back, at least as much of it as
he could. <Smile>  However, a lot of the pages didn't come back, so I had to
re-scan them.  It could be a bug that can happen when you keep images turned
on.  In my case, I did, and then I used Grayscale to re-scan some of the pages.
 Now, why any of that should matter, I have no idea. <Smile>  But when Stephen
returned it to me, all of the images were gone.  Currently, I don't think
there's any way for us to fix those files ourselves.  Sorry the news isn't
better.  Take care!

Jana