[bksvol-discuss] Re: Knitting books

  • From: Vivian Flores <vivian@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:25:43 -0800

Hi Tracy & Jamie;

Mayrie just advised me on this --

And finally, if you provide image descriptions, you're offering something that publishers currently don't, and should note this in the short synopsis of the form when uploading your book. Bookshare currently keeps both scanned and publisher quality books if they are the same book if the scanned copy contains image descriptions.

hope this helps!

Vivian

At 01:13 PM 2/10/2012 -0500, you wrote:
I agree. And, if someone like Jamie has sweated blood to make the images
accessible, it would be a shame to replace her book with a PQ book that is
actually inferior because of the inaccessible images.
Tracy