[bksvol-discuss] Kind Of Blue Re: Re: white space and organization

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:06:35 -0800

Hey Cindy, Kind Of Blue is not so kind to you afterall huh,, is that the one that has several whitespacing and hopefully not too many pagination problems?

Take Care,
--------------------
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated, but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to, then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti---- --------------------
Chela Robles
From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 1:41 AM
Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

It is really tough to describe, Lynnsky, and all very
visual, sadly. For example, in The Secret, it might
have insets from three different people (denoted by a small
icon and their name bolded and occasionally their job
titles) as well as a quote from another person with a script
style signature after the quote, on a separate line.
This is all in addition to the "normal" body of text.

Clear as mud, huh?

Valerie

On Feb 11, 2010, at 3:07 AM, Lynn I wrote:

> Hi Valerie!
>
> The triple asterisk reads as "star star star". I use
that only between
> sections or scene changes. I think if it were used
often, it would be a
> major distraction to listen to other than to denote
section or scene
> changes. *smile*
>
> I do not indent the first lines of paragraphs because
the tool seems to be
> taking the indentation out, and also because if I have
JAWS set to read the
> indentation, it drives me crazy.
> --
>
> Blessings.
>
> Lynnsky

On Behalf Of Valerie Maples
> Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:51 AM
> To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] white space and
organization

> Okay, I have had two books in a row in my project pile
with tons of
> transitions, increasing indents, and white
space. It seems my only option
> is the triple asterisk surrounding insets and marking
these transitions and
> white spaces, but my guess is it makes for very busy
distractions for
> Braille readers and I cannot imagine how it comes
across on audio
> conversions.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Valerie

line. To get a list of
the subject line.

Release Date: 02/10/10
> 01:40:00

line. To get a list of available commands, put the

line. To get a list of available commands, put the