[bksvol-discuss] Re: Killers Wake by Bernard Cornwell -- Sorry, had tonuke it

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:01:08 -0500

If there  are pages that are blank or containing only images,  those pages
should remain in the book as blank pages.  Sorry,  but I will repair those
books that can be repair,   but I will nuke those submissions that I judge
cannot be repaired without the aid of the original print copy.
There are over 450 books out there for volunteers to work on.  Let us
maximize the effectiveness of our effort.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/14/2004 10:37 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Killers Wake by Bernard Cornwell -- Sorry,  had to
nuke it

I realize it can be hard to check to make sure a book is all there and in
the correct order, but a common cause of such a problem is pages with
pictures that are not part of the numbering skeem, but which contain
informative captions.  I always keep these pages, but because I know
validating can be difficult with a book like that, I note the numbering
discrepancy and it's cause in the comments field when submitting.
I write this message just to make people aware of books like this, and to
give both submitters and validators an idea of what to do with them.  I am
not saying that books with messed up page numbering should be accepted
when
you aren't sure everything is there. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net