[bksvol-discuss] Re: Killers Wake by Bernard Cornwell -- Sorry, had to nuke it

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:06:37 -0400

Mickey,
If you follow the guidelines for validating supplied by Bookshare you will
do fine.  I know there are a number of "perfectionists on the list and may
the Lord bless them,   but Bookshare does not require perfection. When I
scan a book I try to do the best job I can, but since I use speech, I am
sure there are a number of mistakes I miss that would be caught by a
sighted or Braille using validator.     Just do the best you can and don't
leave us.

Jim

At 05:00 PM 6/14/04 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm a fairly new validator. I'm not sure how to make sure every page is
>perfect. I believed this was a volunteer job, where I could make books
>available to myself and others, increasing the scanned material available.
>If a book is complete and readable, I've been validating it. If it is a
>textbook, page numbers are important. Otherwise, I didn't think it made that
>much difference.
>
>What I'm getting from this is I may as well throw in the sponge, let others
>do the work, and worry about page numbers. I can then worry about content.
>I'm a proofreader, so am considered pretty anal. But this tops me.
>
>Not to start a war, just trying to find out if I'm truly screwing up.
>
>Mickey

---