[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kidsreads.com Newsletter - 2010 ALA Youth Media Awards

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:25:43 -0500

Just FYI, When You Reach Me, which is the Newbery winner, is in the
collection.

All four Newbery Honors books are there book.

For the Randolph Caldecott books, The Lion and the Mouse is in the
collection.

I couldn't tell if there are any books by Liz Garton Scanlon in the
collection. I can't even get the book from my library so maybe it's just too
new.  I couldn't find anything by Joyce Sidman in the collection but I was
able to put a hold on Red Sings From Treetops at the library.

For The Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal, the only book I could
find by Marc Aronson is Witch Hunt. My library has the Sir Walter Raleigh
book in so I hope to go pick it up tomorrow.

I could not find  the Almost Astronauts book in the collection so I put a
hold on it.  I couldn't find any Chris Barton books in the collection. I put
a hold on The Day Glo Brothers at the library.  The only Brian Floca book I
could find was  Five Trucks so I also put a hold on Moonshot.

For The Coretta Scott King Awards I couldn't find Bad News for Outlaws in
the collection so I put a hold on that one. I also couldn't find Mare's War
so I put a hold on that.  I couldn't find My People by Langston Hughes so I
am trying to put a hold on that and same with The Negro Speaks of Rivers.

The Rock and the River by Kekla Magoon is already in the collection.

For The Schneider Family Book Award  I couldn't find any Bonnie Christensen
books in the collection  so I put a hold on Django.  I couldn't find any
Nora Baskin books  so I put a hold on Anything but Typical.  Marcelo in the
Real world is already in the collection.

For The Theodor Seuss Geisel Award  I put a hold on Benny and Penny in the
Big No No. I also put a hold on I Spy Fly Guy, Little Mouse Gets Ready,
Mouse and Mole, fine feathered friends and Pearl and Wagner One Funny Day.

I will have to check the rest this weekend so I can go to work.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry