[bksvol-discuss] Re: Keeping a working copy of a file.

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:37:22 -0600

Hi Bob!

Yes, that makes sense, and is another good system. The most important thing in the end is that yu have a virgin file to grab if you need it after something goes awry.

Debby

At 01:56 PM 11/22/2009, Bob wrote
Here's how I do it. This is not "the perfect" solution, it's just what works for me.

I use Kurzweil1000 and occasionally msword 2003 to proofread with.

When I download the book from the bookshare site, I download it as an rtf file in a directory called "in progress" under the kurzweil educational systems directory. Then I start kurzweil and open that file I just downloaded. First thing I do is save it as a .kes file. This is now my working file. I do everything I need to to the .kes file. If I screw up the whole book somehow, I open the rtf file and save it as a .kes file again (overwriting all my bad changes). If I need to go into word for something I save the resultant rtf file with a v1 after the name.

Hope that makes sense.

Bob

"We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will live on in the future we make,"
Senator Edward M. Kennedy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>