[bksvol-discuss] K1000 and Newspapers

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:45:09 -0500 (EST)

A while back, we had an extended discussion in which many of us lamented
that the bookmark function in K1000 (ctrl-r) no longer worked in locating
pages in downloaded Daisy BookShare books.  While I suspect this remains
the situation (hopefully Kurzweil and BookShare can fix this), I got a
pleasant surprise this morning when I, for reasons unknown to me, decided
to load the Chicago Tribune into K1000.
Annd to my pleasant surprise, ctrl-r brings up section headers in the
paper and by arrowing right, one can find the individual articles within a
section (sports, business, metro, et al).
And to read the full story you just click on it.
I thought that reading the .htm file within ie6 was great using
Window-Eyes header locate capability, but this is even better.
So, for those of you who have K1000 and never thought of attempting to
read NFB Newsline papers in it, you have something to try.
I wish I had tried this a long time ago.

        Mike