[bksvol-discuss] K1000 & Opticbook

  • From: "Van Lant Family" <vanlant2006@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare List" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 22:18:18 -0600

Hi,
I'm working on scanning some new books and have a question for anyone using Kurzweil 1000 version 13 and an Opticbook scanner.

I upgraded my Kurzweil from maybe version 9 or 10 up to version 13. When I am scanning, I now get this pop-up that I can sort of see in the middle of my screen, but I can't access what it is -- maybe a scanning progress indicator. When the pop up is there, I cannot use any Kurzweil commands. If it's reading, it will keep reading the text, but I can't stop or start reading while that pop up is there -- which is annoying when scanning a book. I have the same version of Kurzweil loaded on my work laptop and don't recall seeing that pop occur, but I'm using an Epson scanner there, so that's why I wonder if this pop is is actually coming from the Opticbook, even though I did not get that pop up when using the older version of Kurzweil.

Anyone else seen this before and have any ideas of how to get this pop up progress indicator to stop coming up?

Thanks
Robin