[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted (nonfiction)

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:31:07 -0500

Hi all,

Just submitted for proofing "Why We're Liberals: a Political Handbook for
Post-Bush America" by Eric Alterman.

It's been read through and corrected. All headers stripped; page numbers and
chapter titles present, protected and formatted. Lots of proper names; 402
pages.

The bestselling author demolishes myths about liberalism in a spirited
polemic  Thanks to the machinations of the right, there is no dirtier word
in American politics today than ?liberal??yet public opinion polls
consistently show that the majority of Americans hold liberal views on
everything from health care to foreign policy. In this feisty, accessible
primer, bestselling author Eric Alterman sets out to restore liberalism to
its rightful honored place in our political life as the politics of
America?s everyday citizens.   In Why We?re LiberalsAlterman examines
liberalism?s development and demonstrates how its partisans have come to
represent not just the mainstream, but also the majority of Americans today.
In a crisply argued though extensively documented counterattack on
right-wing spin and misinformation, Alterman briskly disposes of such
canards as ?Liberals Hate God? and ?Liberals Are Soft on Terrorism,?
reclaiming liberalism from the false definitions foisted upon it by the
right and repeated everywhere else. Why We?re Liberals brings clarity and
perspective to what has often been a one-sided debate for nothing less than
the heart and soul of America.

Deborah