[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted The Almighty by Irving Wallace.

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:31:46 -0500

I proofed this book after scanning, so it has few errors, but I probably missed
a few, of course.  It's a "nail biter", so at times, the interest of the thing
made me less attentive in the error search than I possibly should have been.  I
think I caught most of them though.  Headers have been removed, and numbers
were put at the tops of pages, including pages with chapter headings.  Contains
382 pages.    Here are the synopses of the book.

Short Synopsis:  A troubled son inherits a newspaper, is vastly successful, and
is known as “The Almighty” of communications.

Long Synopsis:  After inheriting the New York Record from his tycoon father, in
order to pass the circulation of the New York Times, Edward Armstead decides to
make the news happen, with his own “tame” terrorists, so that he can report it
first and increase circulation.  Victoria Weston and Nick Ramsay, two
investigative reporters, decide to track down the mythical Mark Bradshaw, who
has “scooped” their stories after Nick is kidnapped by Carlos, a real
terrorist, who resents getting the “credit” for such acts as providing weapons
for the Spanish King’s kidnapping, and the theft of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Contains strong language, violence, and some explicit descriptions of sex.

Enjoy!

Kathy

> "The LORD bless you and keep you;
> the LORD make His face shine upon you
> and be gracious to you;
> the LORD turn His face toward you
> and give you peace."
> Numbers 6:24-26

GIF image

---
                avast! Antivirus: %This message has been certified clean by
Avast.% message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 080923-0, 09/23/2008
Tested on: 9/23/2008 12:32:39 PM