[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 18:56:24 -0500

I've just submitted The Art of Uncontrolled Flight by Kim Ponders. It's a
little book, just under 190 pages. Headers have been stripped, and page breaks
protected. Page numbering starts at 1, according to the print book, but not all
numbers scanned. Whoever proofs this will need to add the missing numbers.
There are quite a few proper nouns here, and this may throw off the
spellchecker. It was marked as having adult content, but I don't understand
why, so I would appreciate it if the rating would be changed upon upload to
admin queue.

If you have questions, contact:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Here's the synopsis:

The long shadow of a charismatic father leads Annie Shaw to decide, as far back
as she can remember, to follow in his footsteps and become an air force pilot.
Years later, after her mother's death and her own graduation from the academy,
Captain A. Shaw is now one of the first female pilots in American history to
engage in active combat duty during the first Gulf War. But her pride at
earning rank as the only woman in an all-male fraternity offers little solace
as the realities of battle change her, forever, into a wary, combat-wise
survivor.

Enjoy!

Are you a fan of women's music? If so, check out the Eclectic Collection: A
Celebration of Women In Music, each Wednesday evening from 7 to 9 eastern.
www.radio360.us