[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:49:46 -0500

Hi, all.

I've just submitted Lady of the Reeds by Pauline Gedge. It's a big book, just
over 500 pages. It received a 99.9 rating. All pages are present, and page
breaks have been protected. Lots of Egyptian words and proper nouns here that
may throw off the overall rating of the book. If you have questions, contact me
at:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Here's the synopsis:

She grew up on the reed-lined banks of the Upper Nile but she was not like the
other villagers of Aswat. Intelligent and ambitious, Thu is convinced that
her destiny is greater than to marry a peasant, tend crops and breed sons. She
wants more." "When Hui, aristocrat, healer and famed seer, anchors his barge
at the nearby temple, young Thu swims to it, willing to offer him anything,
even herself, for a glimpse of her future. And so she starts a journey that
finally leads her to power as Lady Thu, beloved concubine of Ramses III -
until, once again, she wants more.

Shannon
"The different among us tell our stories because we are all only human and so
much need a witness to the truth,"
Claudia Bepko