[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:55:46 -0600

I just submitted Wicked Fantasy by Nicole Jordan. It's a regency romance. The
copyright has been verified. I'll include the synopsis below.

Also, I marked this as a "good" scan, rather than an excellent one, because I'm
not totally sure how to classify scans as of yet.

Shannon
solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx

In 1811 adventurer Trey Deverill meets with his partner shipping magnate Samuel
Maitland who introduces him to his sixteen year old daughter Antonia. That
night Trey hears a strange noise outside, investigates and finds Antonia
slinging arrows. They talk and she says she regrets not being able to go on a
grand adventure. He asks what that would be so she responds by asking him to
kiss her, which he does, but quickly leaves because she is too young and the
child of a friend, who wants her wedded to nobility.

Four years later, Samuel is dead and Antonia is unofficially betrothed to
another of her father's business associates Lord Heward. Family housekeeper Mrs.
Peake believes Heward murdered her employer Mr. Maitland. The night before
Heward and Maitland argued over the aristocrat selling slaves; afterward
Maitland
drank from a bottle given to him by Heward and keeled over. Heward summoned his
doctor who declared heart it a attack, and the bottle vanished. Because
Samuel supported the Guardian of the Sword that Trey is a member of, he must
protect Antonia by finding out if Heward is a killer, but falls in love with
her.

WICKED FANTASY is a cleverly crafted Regency romantic amateur sleuth thriller
that grips the audience once Trey provides the details behind Mrs. Peake's
suspicions. The story line is loaded with plenty of action as Trey investigates
as best he can, handicapped by needing to proceed cautiously in case Heward
is innocent and the right spouse for Samuel's daughter. The heroine is a
terrific Amazon princess who deserves the best just as Nicole Jordan provides
that to her audience.