[bksvol-discuss] Re: Just submitted

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:50:05 -0400

I would say surprised rather than concerned. With optimize scan and version 10 of k1000 folks are getting 95.5 and better. Any ideas?

E.
At 07:21 PM 9/11/2006, you wrote:

I have the latest version of K1000. If I have to guess, I'd say any small difference in quality is due to the very old but hardly used Epson 1280 I'm currently using. It still does excellent scans -- I pre-validated the last few books I scanned there, and they were nearly perfect, disregarding some hyphen issues and headers. Given that, I'm not concerned if I come out with a 98.8 instead of a 99.1.

At 02:14 PM 9/11/2006, you wrote:
Nearly 99 percent is below what is now possible with use of optimize scanning. Can you tell from rank spelling please what kinds of things are drawing that number down below 99.5 percent? What version of k1000 are you using?

E.
At 01:55 PM 9/11/2006, you wrote:

Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, Book 8)
Jim Butcher
RTF

The latest in the Harry Dresden series of urban fantasies about a
wizard private investigator in Chicago with a nose for trouble.

This is an excellent scan, ranked at nearly 99%. It could use some
work on headers and possibly a spellcheck or quick skim.

Shayla