[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted...

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BookShare" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:57:58 -0400

Hi all,

I've just submitted for validation Welcome to the Machine: Science,
Surveillance and the Culture of Control by Derrick Jensen and George Draffan

All headers have been stripped; chapter titles and page numbers protected
and junk cleaned up.

[Back Cover[
Tiny ID chips track every car, shirt, and razor blade purchased from
corporate manufacturers. Governments and multinational corporations gather
information on every citizen's race, family life, credit record, buying
preferences, employment history, favorite TV shows, telephone
conversations-and can surreptitiously peruse e-mails. Exoskeleton armor
makes soldiers invincible, while mind-altering drugs make them incapable of
remorse.
In Welcome to the Machine, award-winning authors Derrick Jensen and George
Draffan reveal the modern culture of the machine, where corporate might
makes technology right, government money feeds the greed for mad science,
and absolute surveillance leads to absolute control. Through meticulous
research and fiercely personal narrative, Jensen and Draffan move beyond
journalism and expose to question our civilization's very mode of existence.
Welcome to the Machine challenges our submission to the institutions and
technologies built to rob us of all that makes us human-our connection to
the land, our kinship with one another, our place in the living world.

Deborah