[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 00:06:34 -0400

Hi, all. I just submitted When God Prays by Skip Heitzig. I've read it
completely through, so for those of you who validate, it should be an easy
one, if you're interested. The book jacket info is below:
WHY WOULD GOD PRAY? Throughout his life on earth, Jesus demonstrated his
dependence on the Father by spending time in prayer. In the final hours
before his death, he prayed in the presence of his disciples. This prayer of
Jesus is a model for some profound lessons in Christian living:
.  How can we talk to God when life is reduced to ashes?
.  How can we live our lives with the proper ambition of glorifying God?
.  How can we remain spiritually relevant in a spiritually hostile culture?
.  How can we prepare for heaven while living on earth?
In When God prays, the veil of intimacy between Father and Son is drawn back
and we gaze into the Holy of Holies, into the very heart of God. But as we
linger on such holy ground, we'll do more than just listen; we will learn
effective ways to enhance our own communication with God.
Julie Morales
Email:
mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger only (no email): mercy0421@xxxxxxxxxxx