[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:49:19 -0500

Hi, all.

I have just submitted Why She Left Us by Rahna Reiko Rizzuto for your
validating pleasure. I have removed most headers, and protected chapter
headings and page breaks. Common scannos have been removed. There are some
Japanese terms in the text, that may throw off the spell checker. The synopsis
is below.

Why She Left Us tells the story of three generations of a Japanese-American
family whose lives are tragically affected by the Second World War when they
are interned in camps in the American West. It is also a searing yet redemptive
novel about a family and its secrets-secrets that grow from fierce love and
terrible fear whose sources are both personal and cultural. The story unfolds
like a mystery, narrated by the four principal characters: the innocents,
Mariko and

brother, Eric; the complex uncle-patriarch, Jack; and the ghost voice of the
mother Kaori.  illuminates the universal relationships between mothers and
their children while evoking the power of history to affect individual lives.

Shannon

I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do
something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the
something I can do.
Everet Edward Hale