[bksvol-discuss] Just a little time left--and a little more

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <viphone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 18:25:57 -0500

Hi Folks,

We are rapidly closing in gaining on our chance to have a book-reading
attachment for the Fopydo stand for the blind. Many of us have OCR software
on our

I devices; a book-reading attachment to an already very good stand would be
quite useful to us. The developer has taken the time and made the effort to

offer a modified version of his stand that we can use and has the
book-reader attachment ready to go.! He needs our help. He is just a working
man like

many of us either are or were and has spent some of his own resources to
bring us the stand; he needs our monitary support in assisting him

to bring his book-reading attachment to market. He has just less than 4 more
days to raise the $4,000 he needs to begin production with 72 backers so
far.

To date he has raised $3,770. We are almost there. Thanks to those of you
who have contributed. The developer's description and link can be found at
the

end of this message.

Larry And Susan Lumpkin

I designed and manufactured Fopydo Scanning Stand for the Blind and Visually
Impaired. I am contacting you because you showed interest in the Fopydo
Scanning

Stand and I have just launched a kickstarter campaign for the Book Reading
Aid that is compatible with the stand. I am asking for your support to gauge

if there is interest in manufacturing of this product. Your support will
also be a great help with preparations for a production run since my own
resources

are limited. If you know others who may be interested in this project -
please let them know.

If you are new to the Kickstarter concept, the Rewards section of the web
page lists various pledges that you can make to support the goal of
manufacturing

this product and making it widely available.

Here is the link to the kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/384725316/book-reading-aid

Thank you!

Tomek WardegaHi Folks,