[bksvol-discuss] Re: Just Submitted three Books

  • From: "CJ Vining" <Vining@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 03:25:41 -0400

E. said:
> I fail to grasp how someone can submit a book with utterly no idea
> what it is about... If I ever get time, I am
> going to add escriptions for books which I have read.

Thank you!--a good idea.

I agree with what you said here, and it really irritates me to see something
like: "novel by best-selling author" or "from the same author who wrote X,"
and the like, in a synopsis field! That is pointless and unhelpful!

I try to find a blurb about each book I approve, but it would be helpful (as
well as save time) if the one submitting the book sent a little something
in. That said, I'd much rather see "none" in that field rather than
something which just doesn't give the reader a clue about the content of the
book.

(I have a similar issue with people who write bad reviews on Amazon, and
sites like it, who don't see the difference between a summary, and an
opinion. *grumble, grumble*)

Joanie