[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted for "Reader"

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:18:18 -0400

SOMEPLACE TO BE FLYING
by Charles de Lint

[It should say in the "Comments" section that I proofread the book to page 31, including all pre-matter, but those pages should be reviewed for future formatting. It's a really good story, the characters are great, it's just not my cup of tea. It says "Hold for Reader: Someplace to be Flying." It's not at the top of the list, it was originally submitted February 21st. Thank you all very much and many thanks to Christina. I owe you big time.]

(From the back cover:)
The streets of the mystery and portents; glittering dreams.

The magic of friendship. Of art and music. And of love.

Welcome to the world of Charles de Lint.

Here is Lily, a photojournalist in search of the "animal people" who supposedly haunt the city's darkest slums. Here is Hank, who knows those slums all too well. One night, in a brutal incident, their lives collide--uptown Lily and downtown Hank, each with a quest and a role to play in the secret drama of the city's oldest inhabitants.

For the animal people walk among us. Native Americans call them the First People, but they have never left, and they claim the city for their own.

Not only have Hank and Lily stumbled onto a secret, they've stumbled into a war. And in this battle for the city's soul, nothing is quite as it appears.