[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted Visitors From Oz by Martin Gardner

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 16:41:30 -0500

I have just submitted Visitors from Oz by Martin Gardner.  I moved all page
numbers to the top of the page, and have proofread it.  I think I found most of
the errors. I don't think the validator will have much to do.  The book is
fairly short--about 206 computer pages, 188 Arabic numbered pages.

Synopsis:

Samuel Gold, a Hollywood producer, believes in Oz, and plans to invite Dorothy
and friends to come and help promote his movie musical, The Emerald City.  He
contacts Glinda by e-mail, and she and Ozma discuss how Dorothy’s visit can be
arranged.  Ozma lends Dorothy an emerald ring with which she can maintain
communication with Oz, and three magic pearls to help her during her trip.
Ozma naturally uses her magic picture to see Dorothy from time to time.
Dorothy, The Scarecrow, and The Tin Woodman have many adventures, before and
after leaving Oz, and only return to Oz after she is on a plane hi-jacked by a
would-be terrorist, and their lives are threatened by a rival, Buffalo Boggs,
who is producing a new version of Peter Pan, and resents all the publicity Gold
is getting.  As always, Dorothy receives help and encouragement from her
friends, and of course, Boggs “gets his” in the end!

Enjoy!

Kathy

kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx

GIF image

---
                avast! Antivirus: %This message has been certified clean by
Avast.% message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 081101-0, 11/01/2008
Tested on: 11/1/2008 4:42:24 PM