[bksvol-discuss] Re: Just Submitted" Little Black Girl Lost 2

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:00:17 -0700

For those who are new as Bookshare volunteer scanners,

Below is a good example of a tradition that has developed. As a scanner
submits a book to the Checkout Queue they often list what work they have
done on it and what remains to be done by proofreaders. A summary, some
metadata, and sometimes a full synopsis is included. If there are
difficult bits like footnotes or foreign language this is often noted as
well. This tradition helps proofers decide quickly if they are interested
in that particular book.

Thanks Debby for providing a "teaching moment" and welcome to all our new
volunteers.

Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow