[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted Heat Stroke by Rachel Caine

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:55:37 -0400

Hello, all.  I just submitted Heat Stroke (Weather Warden, Book 2) by Rachel
Caine.  The synopsis is below.
I read the book and did my usual cleanup work so this should be a really easy
validation.
Happy reading.
Christina

If you plan to read the first book in this series, you should know that the
synopsis below contains spoilers for how the first book ends.

APOCALYPTIC ATMOSPHERICS

In Rachel Caine's tempestuous follow-up to

Ill Wind--forecast as "a fun read" by bestselling

author Jim Butcher--the Wardens Association still protects the human race from
extermination by climatic extremes, when they're not turning on their own....

Accused of murder, Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin was chased across the
country--and killed--by a team charged with hunting down rogue Wardens.

Five days later, Joanne had a lovely funeral and was posthumously cleared of
all charges. Her human life was over, but she had been reborn into Djinnhood.
Now, until she masters her enhanced powers, Joanne must try to avoid being
"claimed" by a human. But when a hazard that only a Djinn could sense
infiltrates Earth's atmosphere, Joanne must somehow convince someone to do
something about it--or the forecast will be deadly.

So who said being all-powerful was going to be easy?