[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted Code Name Verity

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 19:37:38 -0500

Hello.  I just submitted Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein.  My comments
and the synopsis are below.
This is an amazing book and I look forward to getting it into the
collection.
Christina

Comments:
Hello.  I believe this would be best handled by a sighted proofer.  Almost
none of the headings and section titles scanned well and there is a table
that will need to be sorted out.  If you have any questions or if any pages
need to be rescanned, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at
greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Synopsis:
Oct. 11th, 1943-A British spy plane crashes in Nazi-occupied France.
Its pilot and passenger are best friends.
One of the girls has a chance at survival. The other has lost the game
before it's barely begun.
When "Verity" is arrested by the Gestapo, she's sure she doesn't stand a
chance. As a secret agent captured in enemy territory, she's living a spy's
worst nightmare. Her Nazi interrogators give her a simple choice: reveal her
mission or face a grisly execution.
They'll get the truth out of her. But it won't be what they expect.
As she intricately weaves her confession, Verity uncovers her past, how she
became friends with the pilot Maddie, and why she left Maddie in the wrecked
fuselage of their plane. On each new scrap of paper, Verity battles for her
life, confronting her views on courage and failure and her desperate hope to
make it home. But will trading her secrets be enough to save her from the
enemy?