[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted Agatha H. and the Airship City

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 19:47:23 -0500

Hi.  I just submitted Agatha H. and the Airship City (Girl Genius, Book 1)
by Phil and Kaja Foglio.  My comments and the synopsis are below.
Enjoy.
Christina

Synopsis:
The Industrial Revolution has escalated into all-out warfare.
Sixteen years have passed since the Heterodyne Boys, benevolent adventurers
and inventors, disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Today, Europe is
ruled by the Sparks dynasties of mad scientists ruling over-and
terrorizing-the hapless population with their bizarre inventions and
unchecked power, while the downtrodden dream of the Heterodynes' return.
At Transylvania Polygnostic University, a pretty, young student named Agatha
Clay seems to have nothing but bad luck. Incapable of building anything that
actually works, but dedicated to her studies, Agatha seems destined for a
lackluster career as a minor lab assistant. But when the university is
overthrown by the ruthless tyrant Baron Klaus Wulfenbach, Agatha finds
herself a prisoner aboard his massive airship Castle Wulfenbach-and it
begins to look like she might carry a spark of Mad Science after all.

Comments:
Hello.
I've done my usual cleanup work.  If you have any questions or if any pages
need to be rescanned, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at
greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.