[bksvol-discuss] Re: Journal/Diary entry in book

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 10:47:52 -0500

One asterisk for one blank line is not the convention that we agreed on though.

On 11/4/2012 12:08 AM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
I agree with Roger that if there are 2 or more lines before the diary entry use 3 asterisks; and then your idea of putting [journal] entry in brackets is a good one; and maybe put that in 14point B as we would put subsection headings; If there's only one blank ine before the diary entry, maybe put just one asterisk in that space, which is what we do between stanzas in poems

 In poems we put one *asterisk to indicate a new sanza

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Dornetta <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hey Guys;
    The book I am proofing (the one that also has multiple scene jumps
    in chapters) also have some journal/diary entries within the
    chapter/text. My question is this, should I add the asterisks to
    indicate the journal/diary entry (you know where the person starts
    talking in her journal/diary) with an asterisks and say [journal
    entry] or not?  And if I add it, how should it be done?
    Thanks guys,
    Netta
    "Just because you are blind does not mean you lack vision"-Stevie
    Wonder