[bksvol-discuss] Re: Joseph had a little overcoat

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Kellie. And I followed your earlier suggestion
and found the words of th verses online. I'll add some
information about the song on the last page.

I'm pretty much doing what you sugget about the
clothes. Unfortunately, parents are going to have to
do some explaining, because the story takes place in
Poland in, I think the middle or late 19th century or
earlier. I'm describing some of the special wear, but
Cossack hats are as far as I can go with those. And
does anyone remember what the term for the side curls
that the Hasidim wear? I know there's a name for them,
but I can't remember; I'm saying "side curls" but I
think that gives the wrong impression -- and I don't
tnhink dreadlocks is quite right, either, since they
evoke a more modern mental picture.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com