[bksvol-discuss] Re: John Glass and the volunteers

  • From: Agape Pet Sitting <agapepetsitting@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:11:00 -0500

John Glass has responded off list to my customer service request pretty promptly....but has responded.

I had a problem with finding the link to renew memebership....couldn't find it when I logged in.
I emailed him a few times and he renewed my memebership.

took us a few emails but he was trying to help me.

I still haven't seen the link to renew membership but it is renewed and that is what counts.

And yes, I like when he post here to answer a question from someone on the list....It does help us all....

Thanks
Laura Ann

Laura Ann
At 05:28 PM 8/25/2006, you wrote:

Thank you, John and Jim.

Yes, John's answers on the list will be helpful, I'm
sure, to more than just the person asking the
question, because we all benefit from each other's
problems and answers. Plus, it assures us that someone
is paying attention--which we don't know is happening
if we can't see it, since only once have I seen
someone post that John (or anyone else) replied to
them offlist.

Jesse and Marissa set the standard of public
smile

Cindy

--- bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The relatively background nature of our
> participation on this list was
> not an accident.  You as a community are able to
> answer most questions
> and develop the collective wisdom that has helped
> build Bookshare.org.
> I've seen lists where the vendor presence is so
> strong, that
> conversation is inhibited and the value of the list
> community is
> reduced.
>
> From my many years of experience working with John,
> I think you will be
> hard pressed to find someone as knowledgeable and
> diligent when it comes
> to supporting adaptive technology.  I'm sure that
> John will be very
> responsive to emails where it's clear that you are
> looking for a direct
> response from him.
>
> John has also let me know that he'll respond
> publicly on the list more
> frequently, because you've asked for a higher
> profile from us.
>
> Jim Fruchterman

Laura Ann and Lucile Grymes Young Living Essential Oils Distributor High quality Essential Oils and personal care products http://www.youngliving.com/agapepetsitting

Agape Petsitting