[bksvol-discuss] Re: John Glass and the volunteers

  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:56:13 -0700

The relatively background nature of our participation on this list was
not an accident.  You as a community are able to answer most questions
and develop the collective wisdom that has helped build Bookshare.org.
I've seen lists where the vendor presence is so strong, that
conversation is inhibited and the value of the list community is
reduced.

From my many years of experience working with John, I think you will be
hard pressed to find someone as knowledgeable and diligent when it comes
to supporting adaptive technology.  I'm sure that John will be very
responsive to emails where it's clear that you are looking for a direct
response from him.

John has also let me know that he'll respond publicly on the list more
frequently, because you've asked for a higher profile from us.

Jim Fruchterman