[bksvol-discuss] Re: John Glass and the volunteers

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:48:59 -0400

You need to learn about paths. We can all help here. Paths are quite understandable really.

Let me start by asking where the file for Cyprus point is on your computer? If you do not know the path, please say so and we can find out where it is? What format is it in? Did you scan it in and save it somewhere? Sorry if I sound confused. Really we can work this out.

E.
At 01:17 PM 8/19/2006, you wrote:

Thanks, E.  I had no trouble uploading books until I changed from a Gateway
Tower to a Dell laptop.  I think it is probably the path, but I do not know
what to do about it.

At first I was trying to upload it as a RTF file, and it would either just
sit on accept until the page expired or I would get the error message, "not
a valid RTF file," even though I had validated it with msword.

Then someone suggested I try uploading it as a zipped file, so I named the
file "cypress.zip".  When I upload it that way, I get the error message,
"problem copying the file".

On the old computer my path was always c:\windows\desktop\filename.ext.  On
this one, it never says "windows" after C.  The path I see now looks like
this:
c:\desktop...\cypress.zip

I have Windows XP with Jaws 7.0 professional and a DSL broadband connection.
If you need more info please tell me what you need to know.  Thank you so
much.

Sue S.